HOW I FINALLY KNEW LOVE HAD FOUND ME... PART ONE



Seeking for love was pretty easy but gettng the right and perfect match was pretty hard.

My name is Nancy, I'm pretty, curvy, tall and dark skinned #melaninglow#
I'm just an average Ghanaian girl who had graduated from the University and finally got a job after several trials, tests and interviews. 

My job came first, so this made me get so many promotions at work.
I became everybody's friend but I still lacked something - yes I did and I alone knew this for a fact. 

Many young people saw me as a fulfilled young lady who had zero worries...(yikes!  I wished I truly didn't have). 

Most of my friends started ringing their wedding bells to the notice of my ear drums and before my very eyes, friends who were classmates during University days and who were equally way younger started selling their wedding materials.

My heart usually leaped for joy each time I get a call or an sms about their wedding invites but would hault as soon as I came back to reality with the big thought of "when will I ever, walk down my own aisle".

Remembering the holy scriptures, I just knew deep down, that God was hearing every sound of my heartbeat.  Don't get it twisted, I ended my 3years relationship, cos he never reallyunderstood the real meaning of commitment.

Each time I tried to make him understand what I wanted, we ended up with heavy arguments that equally led to unending weeks of malice. 

Oh know! I said to myself one very day, "my parents were 27years old in marriage and yet they seem too inseparable"... Where have all the good and committed men gone to?

I kept asking myself, so fast forward to months back, after hanging out with my two childhood best friends "Freddie" and "Barbie", who were like my siblings and were equally single, I discussed how much I wanted to settle down and would go man hunting soon, if things didn't begin to make sense.

Freddie looked at me with so much shock on his face "Nana (as he fondly calls me) are you seriously gonna do that" he asked, "Off course, or do you want me to remain single for life? " I answered.
Freddie didn't utter any word afterwards as his face fell. 

Comments